Your resume is the first thing an employer sees from you. You will not get a chance to interview for a job if your resume does not make a good impression. A professional, well-written resume is a positive reflection of the person it represents. Below are some helpful hints so you can prepare your own resume and a sample resume which incorporates the hints below.
Tips & Hints:
- Limit the resume to one page if possible; however, do not omit important information just to get it to one page. Be as clear as possible when describing your responsibilities.
- Use a bullet pointed format.
- Be consistent with your tenses, use of punctuation, formats and fonts.
- Do not include personal information such as salary, bonus, age, status of your health, race etc.
- Proofread and check your resume at least twice. Spelling errors, inconsistencies and other typos are not tolerated.
- Contact information should be professional.
- Linkedin and Facebook profiles should be updated and reflect the information on the resume. Also, all non-professional images and information should be eliminated or hidden.